A key goal for Plantiful Plates is to help people get into their kitchen and learn, or rediscover, how to cook using whole foods as the ingredients. Plantiful Plates cooking classes include: Three to five plant based recipes that will be created and enjoyed, the recipes to keep, a handout outlining the cooking tips and nutritional aspects discussed in the class and tips and tricks throughout that will help you prepare delicious plant-based food. The objective of each class is to provide you with hands on experience and instruction that will give you confidence and inspiration in the kitchen.
Plenty of Protein: This class teaches you all about healthy and nutritious sources of plant based proteins, featuring nuts, seeds, beans and legumes. Learn how to prepare a powered up foods the plant based way!
Eat the Rainbow: The colours found in plants are not just for the eyes, they reflect the different healthful properties within each plant. Eating a variety of plants ensures that we get the different nutrients that are available. This class shows you how to make colourful dishes to maximize nutrient density, and includes colourful soup, salad and main course to tantalize your eyes and tastebuds.
Plant based Through the Day: Learn how to make delicious plant based meals that will nourish you and give you energy all day long. This class teaches you how to prepare meals that will keep you fuelled throughout the day.
- 2 hours (in addition to 1/2 hour to set up and clean-up time)
- All food and ingredients provided
- Enjoy three fresh, whole food, plant-based dishes
- Tips on how to adapt traditional recipes to make them more plantiful
- Three Plantiful Plates recipes
- Handout outlining the plantiful benefits of the recipes and information discussed in class
- Knife skills and cooking techniques
- Information and resources about how to incorporate more plant based food in your diet.
In person class: $500 (class size dependent on the number of people that can cook in your space).
On-line live cooking class: $250 (Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
If you don’t see a topic that you like, contact me and we can customize a class to suit!